1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying Wings for smaller plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tyreese27, Oct 18, 2014.

1. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

So I have a Meyers Drive Pro 6'8 for my half ton truck and want to buy wings for it to make it little wider instead of buying a bigger plow. Every set of wings I found say its not recommended to put them on my size plow.

I was wondering if anyone has put them on my size plow and if I do buy a set would they even fit?
  2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I think they don't make them for the smaller plows because the wings would probably cause too much stress on the plow (additional wing weight and snow load). I had a 7.5' mvp that i wanted wings for, but couldn't. I switched to an 8.5' mvp, and do have Western wings for it. Each wing is probably 40-50 lbs.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Meyer makes a 7.6 Drive Pro. Why not just change out your blade. I'm sure everything else is the same.
  4. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

I called one place near me about buying the moldboard but that was little over $1000 without tax and said I would have to buy different springs. So I was hoping to get wings and get it little wide for about $200 instead of $1200.
  5. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Could take a look on craigslist to see if anyone is trying to dump a 7.5 for cheap and just take the moldboard from that one.

Just another option to keep cost down.
  6. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

I've been looking for awhile on craigslist but there isnt really anything
  7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

could always go up to your local fab/weld shop & ask about getting some custom made ones.
  8. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

You'll have to chg your A frame to go to a larger size board
  9. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Nah you dont have to if you get the right Drive Pro model