1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying spreader parts online/mail order

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AintNoFun, Oct 12, 2004.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

we need a bunch of parts for our spreaders (westerns and swesons). I was wondering where everyone gets their parts at online or through a catalog. The local dealers here in NJ are OUT OF CONTROL with parts. Just wondering where i could save some money? thanks....
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Check out Central Parts They have a lot more parts available than whats on their website....
  3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Just one thing to keep in mind. Will a catalog with low prices be there for emergencies at 5 in the morning or have knowledge?? Lowest price doesn't always mean best deal..value added sercice does
  4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i understand that but we need a bunch of bearings, 2 chutes, and a bunch of other stuff to rebuild a few things broken from last winter, not stuff in an emergency... we probably need two thousand dollars worth of parts to get some stuff back into shape.....
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Central parts is not local, but all of the dealers in my area have banker hours. I do all my own repairs, and Central Parts has long hours in the winter. They even stay open during storms in the Chicago area. I have ordered parts and gotten them within 24hrs...
  6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

They usually offer quantity discounts too.