1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying SnowEx spreader online

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ajordan193, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Looking at buying a SnowEx sp575 spreader. Anyone know the best place to purchase one online? Also if I purchase online how does the 2 year warranty work?
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

the snow-ex line is listed on the Equipment Specialties website (sponsor here ..link at top)
    but it says coming soon, maybe it's just not updated. there have been several guys buy stuff from them at great savings, including my self, just bought an 8,2Vxt and probably saved about 1200.00 in price and sales tax. i would look there first..i had seen good prices at Tim Wallace (also a sponsor link at top) also,
  3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I bought mine last year online from snowplows plus out of MN. Great service.
  4. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Spend another couple hunder and get the 1075. Do not buy from CPW.
  5. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

get it from Equipment Specilaist
  6. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Thanks for the suggestions. What do you guys do that buy online for warranty?
  7. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Why do you say that? just curious.
  8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Because I ordered some very simple parts from them in September and just now received them. We are talking bolts for a Western Plow and a couple stickers.

It's not the length of time it took it was that I called 6 times and got the same answer daily. "it's shipping today" Finally I got fed up and told them you told me that 5 times now. Eventually I just went and bought the stuff local and forgot about them. Now I have a box of spare bolts and stickers:)

A good friend of mine bought a Snow Ex 1075. They failed to mention it doesn't come with a mount of any kind. I told him to double check because they quoted me one with a mount before. They verified yes it does come with a mount in an email. After weeks of waiting for the spreader to arrive he called again.. this time they told him it does need a mount and it would be x which made the spreader 200.00+ than he could have gotten it local. He had a documented email with a price quote saying it had a mount and they would not honor it.

It ended up he canceled the spreader, they delivered it anyways.. he refused the spreader took him over 60 days to get his money refunded. Same story.. We are refunding it today. I'll tell ya.. they get a lot done on a daily basis according to them.

I like their site.. neat parts layout. Spent a ton of money on it. It seems the different depts aren't seeing the same information.

Whats funny is I ordered a Fisher polycaster V box at the same time from Quality Truck Equipment. I even financed it and had to process all kinds of company financials etc. Had it within a week. CPW couldn't even send me some bolts in 2.5 months.

My spreader shipped late afternoon I had it the next morning from Chicago to Cincinnati.
  9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

if you don't mind my asking what size and how much was the salter from quality?
  10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I ordered my Snowex 1875 spreader from CPW didn't really have a problem. Shipping was a little slow i believe it took about two weeks. I knew just from reading on the site that i would have to order a mount to go with it. I wanted the pivot mount so i could just swing it open and get to the bed of my truck.
  11. frostyballz

frostyballz Member

I just bought a tailgate sander online from www.angelos-supplies.com. I know they are not a sponser of this website and of course recomend supporting the sponsors. but I have to admit.....the prices were great.....the products are great......the service was great.......and the shipping was very very resonable and quick! I saved $700 compared to a local dealer even with the shipping.....:dizzy:ussmileyflag