1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying out of warranty???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman79, Mar 24, 2009.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

Ive found a 02 F-250 near me for a decent price with less then 75k miles. I might go take a look at it. I have really wanted to get a Dodge but this truck is the 7.3l and it is right in my price range. Is there anything bad about the 7.3l? I really havn't heard anything about them due to the fact of everything bad is about the 6.0l. Just wondering if it would be a bad idea of buying a truck out of warranty or if i should wait a little while and get the dodge which is quite a bit more then i really want to spend but as way less miles and comes with a warranty....
  2. Butcher

Butcher Junior Member
    from NE OHIO

If you like it and the price is right buy an aftermarket extended warranty. You can check out the price and what is covered before you buy it and make a choice.There plenty of them on the web just do a search.
  3. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Just make sure to check if the oil pan is rotted out when looking to buy a 7.3. Clean up any rust on the pan and coat it with something to keep the moisture off of it. Remember '94 and up 7.3's have HEUI injection, so use a good quality engine oil and change it often. I wouldn't even worry about an aftermarket warranty on the engine.