1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying new tires Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morrissey snow removal, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

what do you guys think of the the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires i can get a good deal on them just seeing if anyone uses them and your option thanks
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've always ran goodYear AT/S. My current has 57,000 miles on with a few more on them togo.
  3. Morrissey snow removal

i have always liked gooyear i never buy new tires always used ones cause i hate spending money but this will make the truck ride 10 times better
  4. bean7654

bean7654 Member

I bought a set for my last truck 04 Tahoe. I loved them. They were pricey but the handled great in snow and rain. Not sure how long they last cause I traded in my truck a year and half later.
  5. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I've got Silent Armor's on my '04 Dakota and love them. A really good all season tire that wears well. However, I have never plowed with them (no plow on the truck). On my 97 K2500 I'm running DuraTrac's and think they are great, especially in the snow. A very aggressive tread but extremely quiet at speed.
  6. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I have them on my '02 super duty and they are a great year round tire. I feel they are a good plow tire, and very quite on the road.
  7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I'm going to try the Goodyear Duratrac tire this year for plowing.
  8. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Also a good tire, I ran them on my '00. Good in snow mud and wet grass!
  9. Morrissey snow removal

i just got the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor installed yesterday they ride great and have a good warrenty
  10. Good deal on Goodyear. The best tires in the world. Silent Armors and AT/S Wranglers tread patterns are similar to each other, the Teflon belts is the in the SAs is the major change. Goodyear tires aren't cheap, but good things seldom are. The problem with a used tire is you don't know it's history. My wife, kids, grandkids ride and drive in my vehicles. I don't work for Goodyear, but have driven millions of miles since I rolled on Goodyear Polyglass GTs back in the day.
  11. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

They're not bad tires. They wear pretty good if you keep them rotated (every 3-5k). We were running them on our transit busses but stopped after having several side wall failures. We were having issues with them around the same time they were recalled, however, the size we were using were not recalled. I did find many (at least 2 dozen) with interior cracking of the side walls and that is mainly why we quit using them. I did use a set on my personal truck and they work great in the snow. Good luck!!