1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying new plow lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsydow, Dec 6, 2004.

1. jsydow

jsydow Junior Member

I have an old 82 Chevy 1/2 ton 6.2 diesel with a 8'2 polar blade with a western pump. I call it old faithful! I only gave $2200.00 for it 4 years ago! maybe $500.00 total in repairs over the years! What I need to do is put some new plow lights on it. I don't want to spend the money on sabres. What would be another low profile light with good illumination for less than $100.00? I have seen the truck lite brand just wondering what your opinions are of these or if there is something comparable?
  2. captain_kalbasa

captain_kalbasa Junior Member

I just got a new set of headlights too, and i got them from Discount Snow Plow Parts online. Go to this website:
    http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?r=ds&p=sn-meyer ,
    then double click on "Headlight Kits and Strobes" under the parts page list, then double click on "Halogen Plow Light Kits and Parts" under the new parts page lists. The one I got is the first one listed on that page (#80888). Sorry that its so hard to find, but its a wierd website. They shipped them out right away, and they were extremely easy to install. They also came with complete directions including a wiring diagram. Hope this helps.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hey jsy, you say you have a polar blade? I thought i was the only one left with one of them. Just dont hear of too many of the "Orange Westerns" anymore.