1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying new parts..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by grandview, Jan 9, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just a tip if you deal with NAPA and know an auto shop.
    When i go there and buy parts i tell them the name of the shop and you sometimes get "master mechanic" rate sometimes you get a lot off your bill.
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I think I know what they call that..... THEFT.:rolleyes:

There are easier and legitimate ways to get a discount at Napa
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Who hasn't done that? We all have that friend that works at a shop who is allways on his way to Napa to get some parts "for the shop.";)
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If your buying parts under my name you better be bringing me the receipts for the write offs!payup
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I got an even better way: I have a buddy that works at a huge Ford Dealership at the parts desk. I get HIS price on parts. They go to Detroit every night to pickup parts. I saved over $150 on front springs,struts and bearings on my Wife's Windstar. I priced all the stuff at the big box stores and this was what he saved me over them for OEM stuff!
  6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

You can go to the NAPA manager at the store you deal at and work with him/her on the discount you deserve. That will be based on the amount you spend there every month. Or sometimes they will just give you a fleet discount. But using someone else's discount could in the long run make them loose that privilege. How would you feel if it was your fault over a $50 item that your buddy had to close his shop because he could not be competitive in pricing his work.

I also agree if you don't have permit ion from a shop to use there discount that would be considered fraud.

You need to make it in this world on your own marrates (sp) not some one else's.
  7. NJBuickRacer

NJBuickRacer Member

Keep in mind buying under a shop account, that they are purchasing for resale to an end user. Therefore, you may find yourself in a situation where the words "tax fraud" are thrown around, and you wind up in a heap of trouble...