1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying new battery today....help needed!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rb8484, Oct 15, 2009.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Hey everyone. I have to get a new battery today and dont really know what to look for as in cold cranking amps and such. I have 90 watt hideaways and an 8' western ultra and need to know a good battery to run. I cant afford the the higher dollar ones, as my budget is no more than $125. What should I get??

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

get the most cca that you can in your budget. i run deep cycle marine battery's in my excursion, they seem to last the longest plus they are made to run down and be charged up. Also may want to take a look at gell cells, not sure if you can get one in your price range though, mine were almost $400 each for my boat.

3. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Thats what I am replacing the battery in is my Excursion. I was wondering about a deep cycle battery. Does that seem to work well then??

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

it works great for me. I have two of them in my excursion since it's the 7.3. They have been in there 4 years and still crank like new.

5. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I have the 6.8 in mine, but wanted to upgrade to a dual battery, but the funds are not there right now to do that. Gonna call NAPA and get some prices.

6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

If you have a Sears automotive try calling them, the Die Hard deep cycles used to be very good.

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Or a costco. I got my batteries for about $65 each. I think they were 1000cca

8. buy one battery

When I didnt have room for two batteries
    I bought one: Sears Platinum $180 10year warranty (first 5yrs no questions asked)

best battery I have ever had
    two seasons with only one battery and never a blink

tc