1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying an selling forum needs help!!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by baddboygeorge, Dec 19, 2004.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

you need to explain to sellers that they need to conduct business accordingly . i have had numerous problems with buying items . when trying to get information on the item the seller never responds giving that forum an that seller a bad name . i would like to see some changes in that forum as follows ,, if the seller doesnt respond witnin that forum within a 48 hour window that thread be deleted all together . this will eliminate alot of problems in this forum . its nice to have a site like this where you can advertise for free. the least thing that potential sellers can do is to keep it professional an respect potential buyers !! i hope you look into this an make some changes thanks so much sincerely , george phillips

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

maybe he avoided you because he didnt want to ship the damn pump like he had said, unless you were willing to make the 6 hour drive you shouldnt have posted :cool:

3. tjstruck

tjstruck Junior Member
    from NJ

nate's one to talk

I wouldn't reccomend taking business advice from "Big Nate". It seems as he has alot to learn about customer service, being honest+ shipping, the only thing I have found he's good at is bs and stealing my money.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

First off, I don't even know why people post stuff for sale on here. To me it would be a pain to sell something from about 3 different angles. Here, sign on it, e-bay, etc, etc. Often times we are separated by very long drives so its not practical unless we all lived in the same area. Is it worth it for me to spend a day driving to Michigan for a plow when i can get one in MA? For the seller its a pain to ship and once in a blue moon someone might actually live within a reasonable distance from the item. You got people who become members here just to list something for sale then don't even check the replys in the thread, then nobody knows what is going on. Its is a rule that people are supposed to let the people know when items are sold. I would not buy anything out of that forum, i have enough places to get things 2 miles away from my house :rolleyes:

5. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

I for one like to get things from fourm's and always look there. by the way I love your aviator :) :)

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

George,
    You have got to be kiddin me your still hung up on the damm pump? Ok Ill tell you what send me the money for the pump, my 2 hours of drive time and shipping and ill sell the damm thing to ya. The kid told you he didnt want to ship it from the begining. Why is so hard to understand? Out of everybody I stepped up to the plate told him Id come down to pick it up and I did. But dont come to the admin because you cant read....Rob

This is the post that has George all worked up. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=20650

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  7. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Badboy George is nothing but a hot head. I also believe he is illiterate. I wrote to him saying I am not interested in shipping. Maybe he just can't read that is not totally his fault :waving: Nate has allot of good info I have always read his post and learned something from all of them. I sold the pump to Rob he came and picked it up the next day paid cash and it was done. How easy was that. George you need to grow up and get a life. Sean knows I am a good guy I am the one who was responsable for getting the sweeper fourm up and running. So lay off.

8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

George get real man. Honestly I'm surprised you haven't been warned by a moderator on your bad behavior. I mean come on the guy tried but after being called names their is no way in hell I'd even sell you something so why would he. In my opinion your the one to blame in that situation. :nono:

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Hi, Dana. You'll probably do better looking, then posting this inquiry, in the: "Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum" below.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member