1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying an ebling have questions....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bonerigo.1, Sep 23, 2011.

1. bonerigo.1

bonerigo.1 Junior Member

WIll be buying an 8'-14' ebling backblade. going on a 2001 gmc 2500hd. 6.0 gas
    Will i need a dual battery setup? Can the hitch mount for the ebling be transferred to another vehicle later? Are they too hard to install myself? Seems like a hitch and plow + wiring. I want to run a snow dogg v-box in the back. How much more is it for the custom setup to allow for the v-box chute?

2. extremepusher

extremepusher Senior Member
    from west mi

i recommend dual batteries. But sounds like you have some serious questions, i suggest you call them and talk to Jim or Dan. The hitch can be transford to other truck of the same frame style, just like your front blades. If your going to get one, you better call. Tis the season for backblade sales:mechanic:

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hitches are hard to transfer, I belive crew cab and regular cab hitches are different... They can be installed by yourself but be prepared to take some serious time... The wiring it sooooo tight and just barely enough on a good day you kinda have to know or you think they sent you the wrong harness... Dont ask me how I know LOL

Also, Quit stealing my twin lift setup idea ;)

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Already stole it, and your right about wiring! It's a two man job.

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I think you definetly want dual batteries with an isolator, 1 battery for each setup

6. ceoutdoor

ceoutdoor Junior Member

I installed a 12' Ebling on my 2007 GMC 2500HD last fall. It is not very difficult but did take me a weekend. I would definelty run dual batteries.

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

We installed my 12ft'r on my old truck ourselves but, It took all day to do it and the pieces didn't fit quite right.

My old Ebling wont transfer to my new truck with out a new truck side and plow side mount as well.

Mine had a few problems the first season with popping fuses, but last season we solved that problem.

J.

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of fuse issues did you have

9. bonerigo.1

bonerigo.1 Junior Member

Thanks for the help. Will be calling jd dave to discuss. My main issue is the twin post lift for the v box. Prob will not run the box but want the option. Hope jd dave or ebling can resolve that issue. Thanks again