1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying an 09 2500HD help!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rampking, May 16, 2012.

1. rampking

rampking Junior Member

Hey guys i am in the market for a plow truck, I have an 09 I am scoping out right now. The only thing is, its at a GM certified used dealership. its not listed as having a plow prep kit. How do I find out for sure if it does have one installed? If it doesn't, is it a big deal?

This is the truck....what do y'all think?

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Chevrole...T-HUBERT/Quebec/5_13843554_CT200432211416329/

Thanks
    Rampking

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice truck. Call and ask them they can tell from the vin. Otherwise maybe the rpo codes

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Glove compartment door has a sticker with all the option codes ( RPO ) on the truck.The snow plow prep code is VYO

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

There is a problem with the throttle body sensor on some 09 (mine went bad), just an FYI. low prep isnt much anymore, mine doesnt have it, but has the off road package (which has better supension & skid plates than the plow prep). Only thing I dont have is the bigger alternator, but it has not been an issue. The aux. cooling the used to come with the plow prep & towing packages from my understanding is now just standard equipment. Look to see what the options contain to double check. I was able to get GM to cover everything as if it had plow prep, its off waranty (3/36 mo.) now so it doesn't matter.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I can't seem to find the VIN anywhere. I can get you whatever info you need on it with the last 8 digits of the VIN.

8. rampking

rampking Junior Member

Hey that would be a huge help.Thanks a million!

Here it is.

1JCHK43K79F156404

Whatever info at all you can get me would be greatly appreciated. Can you bring up what service it has received as well? Thanks again!!!

Rampking