1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a used snow plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by howardsells2000, Jun 20, 2006.

1. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 Junior Member

I have been looking for a used snow plow for my 1989 F350 4X4 dually. I see plows available on ebay but they have been mounted on different models or year, trucks. Can a plow that came off a different model truck be fitted to my truck? Can I buy one that lets say was on a Dodge. If I buy a different mount or push plate can I use it on my truck?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You most likely will need new pushplates. You may need new wiring harness. A lot will depend on the make of the plow. Your best bet is to call a local installer for that brand to check on how much it will take to put it on your truck. Just the installation can be several hundred dollars, plus the parts which can also run into the hundreds. Plus any repairs needed to the plow itself. Be very careful - you can easily lose any savings you thought you were getting by buying used and still have a used plow.