1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying a used plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by egs6381, Dec 21, 2009.

1. egs6381

egs6381 Junior Member

im looking to buy a 8' fisher stright blade hd the guy who had the plow sold his house left the plow and an old man and women bought the house and want to sell the plow but they have no idea how much the plow is worth i know it was on a 2004 ram the plow is like brand new there neighbor told them they could get 2500 to 3000 for it is that too much i was gonna offer them 1500 to 2000 is that not enough they r old i dont want to take advantage of them they r a very nice people and they said they would hire me to plow them if i bought the plow im just starting plowing this year i have 20 accounts and have been useing my buddys second truck to do my accounts but i have to split the money with him if i keep using his other truck give me qyotes guys thanks

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Just offer to plow there drive for free the rest of the year. You still have to get truck mounts and actually mount it, who knows the guy left it for reason, maybe it needs alot of work. If they think they can get 3 grand for it let em try and sell it, they dont know what it is. That will be tuff. Maye tell em you will mount it and if it works fine you will plow and pay em a few bucks.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Not only truck mounts, but you need a controller, wire harness, and several hours of your time, or a few hundred dollars to have it monuted to your truck. I would think a grand for the plow is more than fair for both parties, or like ACA says offer to plow thier drive for this season, and even throw in next season, and barter the costs. Over all it's gonna cost you at least a grand to get what you need for your truck just to make the plow work.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Around here MM2's plow side ONLY are going for $2000-2600.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

take a few good pictures of the plow all the way around and we can help you with the price. but you are going to have to sink money into the mount and wiring and if you pay 2500 to 3000 for the plow like the other neighbor said you might as well buy a brand new plow for that price. What all come with it. Does it have the lightbar and pump, or is just the plow itself.