1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a used Fisher MM

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mark123, Aug 19, 2012.

1. mark123

mark123 Junior Member

I am looking at buying a used Fisher Minute Mount plow for my 2002 silverado, it came off of a similar truck and everything is there to install it. It is selling for 2200 and is 12 years old. Seller said one of the pivoting cylinders has some pitting but does not leak. It has the fishstick controller. Is this a good price ? Were these good plows, anything in particular to look out for? How will my truck hold up to plowing if I don't abuse it, ext. cab short box, 4.8 liter , automatic 4X4. Thanks for any help.

fisher.jpg

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

If that's a 7 1/2 foot RD it's a good plow, $2200 may be a bit steep, your truck will do okay if you don't abuse it, rig up some kind of counter weight in the bed, I think Fisher recommends about 250 lbs, make sure the wiring is from a 99 to 02 silverado or sierra newer so you don't have headlight issues.

3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

2k or under I'd say

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd start at $1700 and haggle from there.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

is that the plow in the picture?