1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a used 7'6" Pro. Good deal? What to look for?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 66 BADBOY, Oct 27, 2010.

1. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Hey guys,

Came across what is supposed to be a 5 year old Western Pro, 7'6". Its on a Dodge. My truck (when I get it next week) is going to be a 2008 F-250. I talked to the owner, and he said its got the isolation module. I don't know if it came stock that way, or if they had to do the conversion trick to it. Not sure. He said is the 3 connector setup, but said something about the module being inverted for different trucks? I don't know what he meant by that.

Anyways, he's asking $2000 for it all, and I'm hoping he'd take $1500 because he knows I can't use the undercarriage. I called around and it seems I can get the Ford mount for $440, the wiring harness for $195, and get it installed for $270.

So to me, that is not a bad package deal.

Is there anything to look for on a 5 year old plow (besides the obvious crash up derby marks and dents)? Were there any issues with them back then that have been taken care of in newer models? Or is it more of a thing where if it goes up/down/left/right, then all is well?

Thanks!!

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

check to make sure that it angles smooth and tell him to put it on his truck and while in the up position stand on one side and shake it to see if there is any sloppyness in it its supposed to have very little if there is more than little then plow bolt in the middle is worn out or wearing out .

option 1: replace a frame were the bolt sits

option 2: weld a piece of steel plate in there drill bolt hole and put it back together

i dont think there was any real issues with those plows so other than what i told you already i think you should be good.

isolation module is stock on those plows