1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying a truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by westernboy16, Nov 1, 2005.

1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

I was wondering if any one had a Dodge ram 2500 with the V10 and wondering if the western 8ft ultra mount would be good for the truck and if they like the truck for plowing. i was also want to now what kind of plow for it

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

the only problem i haqve been told of is weak frames on dodge trucks but more for hualing with them. i also know that mid o late 90's they had a huge tranny problem don't no if its fixed yet or not.

3. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Make sure your trailer hitch is strong enough to haul the fuel tanker

4. northwest lawn

northwest lawn Junior Member
    from toledo

my dad has a 2000 quad cab with the v10 and an 8foot western pro plus? ultramount. well it plows excellent decent on fuel too just dont take it on long road trips other than that very good truck

5. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

thanks for ever thing but keep them coming in