1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a truck from the SW

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zabMasonry, Dec 31, 2008.

1. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

I've decided that its time to buy a new truck.

I want to buy a fairly inexpensive (under 10 grand) truck and I would like it to last for a long time. Cosmetics aren't really important to me, just the the truck is 100% sound. I'm looking for a 1990-2000 era diesel 3/4 ton, brand isn't really important to me, although i would prefer dodge or ford, unless its a d-max (I have had to many troubles with the 6.5 in the past).

I've come to the conclusion that my best bet is to buy something out of the south west, but I'm having trouble with to go about this. Buy the truck sight unseen, then fly out to get it, go down their with the money and stay until i buy a truck. Pay a mechanic who i've never met to look at the truck.

I imagine that several folks here have done this. How have you done it? any suggestions?

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I did that with one of my BII's got a great deal flew to fla and drove it back. Do some research and title check. Some times they dont know what they have or just dont know the value in your area.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Some dealers will pay your air fare to come buy from them.
    Worth looking into.