1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a snowdogg plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by brianslawncare, Oct 30, 2013.

1. brianslawncare

brianslawncare Junior Member

I was wondering if its worth buying a snowdogg plow hd75 for my Chevy 2500? Dealer said plow is 2700 plus 300 install so for 3,000 I have a new plow? I plow 25 driveways and 1 commercial account. I have a older western unimount plow but can't find a mount for the truck. Used westerns are 2,000 up to 3,000. So I don't know which way to go? Any help? Thank u

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Plowed last year with a 2500 Suburban and 7.5 Snow Dogg. All residential. Go for it.

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

get ahold of Jim from ESI on here he has the best price on the snowdogg.But the Dogg is a respectable plow and to honest pretty Beefy and the support from them is awsome. so Idont think you be disappointed on them. I am actualy looking at a Vee from him still

4. brianslawncare

brianslawncare Junior Member

Jim has a better price than 2700 new? And thanks for the replies!

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Going on my third season with my VX95. Not one problem knock on wood. Love my plow.

6. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

going on my third season with my HD 75 on my 2500 and no issues so far. Great plow in my opinion. I've had ficshers and westerns before and these Snow doggs keep up and better. Great price too for you. I paid the same when mine was new as well. Go for it.

7. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

I've had a hd75 for 4 years. Only problems I have had was the lights got rusted so there weren't adjustable and the bolts holding the lights lenses in rusted to the point where they broke off. That's the owners fault he never took care if it before he gave me the truck to plow full time. Great plow! Took 3 years of hard abuse from the owner and not a single problem. We just retired it as a back up as we got an hd80 as it's replacement. We have 60 houses and 5 huge lots so the dogg definitely impressed me and will back the product. The big thing for me is service. We have a snowdogg dealer 5 minutes down the road with all the parts in stock to fix repairs

8. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

Bought a VXF85 & the VMD75 this year. So far they have been awesome.