1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying a plow blade

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dugelman, Jun 21, 2006.

1. dugelman

dugelman Junior Member
    from 01821

I'm thinking of buying an older truck for plowing in the winter. It has a Meyer hydroelectric pump and sub-frame but no blade. Where would i be able to pick up a blade? Or should i just find a truck wit the whole set up already on it?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Best bet - buy a complete setup. The cost of the moldboard (technical name for the blade) is prohibitive. Most catalogs don't even list them for sale. I priced one at the local dealer for my 9' Fisher and it wasn't much less than buying a whole new plow.

3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

You can usually find one in a local classsified when winter is closer. A truck with a full setup is best, but I don't know your money situation or the price of the truck.