1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a new used Chev 2500 I need help!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rampking, May 22, 2012.

1. rampking

rampking Junior Member

Hey,

I am sizing up this truck, its in quebec, Canada. I know for a fact it does not have the plow prep kit. Is this a huge deal, I do plow commercially and plan to put an 8.5 ft boss straight blade on it along with a v box slip in salter. It has a towing package on it. here is the vin

1JCHK43K79F156404

here is the link to the truck, can anyone see any reason why I shouldn't buy it.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Chevrole...T-HUBERT/Quebec/5_13843554_CT200432211416329/

Thanks

Rampking

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Will they still honor a warranty if you plow without the plow prep?

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

If its a 2009 and you plow without the plow prep and you will be denied warrenty claims.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plow prep ain't a huge deal both my tks never had it, and I haven't had an issue look at what the ow prep entailed and just upgrade the truck yourself

5. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Its a big deal when your warrenty is voided on your $40K truck. Not everybody is driving a truck from last millenium.

6. Squires

Squires Senior Member

depending on the in service date it probably has a year of power train left at best.
    Plow prep isn't a big deal at that point, by the time there is a plow on it again it will almost be expired anyway.
    duel batteries and away you go

7. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

There are plenty of aftermarket warranty options for plowing search around, be careful. The 2007 I have needed timbrens and whatever support you prefer for your sander. A poly sander would be best. the truck is not sufficient from factory to carry a 2yd stainless sander. I don't care how you crunch VW or whatever nonsense you hear it can't handle it w/o modifications. I have a 8' fisher with wings and 100lb backdrag which is max but of w timbrins. Good luck they are nice trucks

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Jmac is right. If it doesn't have the plow prep and you plow with it you will void your warranty. But as stated above there are plenty of options for aftermarket warranties that cover plowing and such. I would suggest stiffening up the front end. Chevy's are soft in the front end so upgrades are probably a good idea. Also when you put your plow on you also want to put 3 turns into the torsion bars. That always did the trick on the last two Chevys I plowed with. Good luck!