1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a new truck...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ProEagle, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ProEagle

ProEagle Junior Member
    from ...

My dad is looking to buy a new truck for his company. We have a 2003 Chevy G30 1 ton Van that hauls a 2003 Cargo-Pro trailer. The trailer has caused a lot wear and tear on the truck, so we are looking to buy a new 1 ton pickup or stake truck but don't no what to buy yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Ford!
    Ford!
    Ford!
    Ford!
    Ford!
    Ford!
    Ford!
    Ford!

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Chevy
    Chevy
    Chevy!

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If you want to a GM truck I can get you GM in the driveway pricing. I work for GM and get nothing out of this deal other than for GM to sell a truck and keep me building them. It is called supplier pricing if you have any intrest email me flykelley930@aol.com and put GM discount in the message line. I have given away about 20 of these in the last two years and tehy are free to anybody who wants one.

Regards Mike

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Either Ford Chevy Or Dodge. IMO they're all the same, its just a matter of stupid stuff that I could careless about like heated seats in the base model or not. As long as its american, your good to go. I've had a light duty dodge, and it did great for what I was using it for, and was supprised a little dakota could pull a 16ft trailer with no trailer brakes (bad idea). I also had a ford f150 that i had soooo many problems with (but mainly because of age, 1994). I now have a real truck, my chevy has treated me well so far (nock on wood). So again, they are all going to break down and have sore points at some point in time, its just a matter of what you think looks better IMO.

P.S. this thread will most likely turn into a truck manufacture bashing thread. Or a my truck is better than your truck thread. But hopefully it wont.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

No bashing intended here, but I would opt for the Ford. Those trucks are just indestructible and are some of the best plow trucks, period.

7. ProEagle

ProEagle Junior Member
    from ...

Thanks for the advise. We were thinking about looking at a Ford or Chevy. But it has to be a dually or something in that range, because we haul a lot of equipment. We manage the Boston Marathon, Denver Marathon, Marathon of the Palm Beaches, and many other major sporting events around the country and it takes a lot to haul everything around. So if anyone knows of a specific model of a truck they would recommend, we'd love to hear it.

Thanks again,
    Ryan

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  8. rcracing17

rcracing17 Junior Member

i personally love the ford dually's. i just think they look better than dodge or chevy. no offense. if i were you i would get a 06 ford f350 crew cab dually shortbed with the 6.0 turbo diesel in it.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I am a Chevy guy, but I would NEVER turn down any American made truck. I have a Chevy now, love it. I had a F150, loved it. My dad had a Dodge Dakota, love it. My Uncle had a GMC 2500, love it. I am just that easy to please. Personally, I love the look of the Ford duallies and the power of the Cummins in a Dodge! Can't beat 'em! Good luck in your search.:waving:

10. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

When I was young, I owned Chevy (GM). Then as I got older I bought a Dodge Dakota, then back to Chevy. I never thought I would own a Ford. All 3, are great trucks, but after buying a Ford, I will never go back to Chevy or Dodge. I just like how Ford trucks handle and how they ride.

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

12. me1223

me1223 Member

Get a GM truck, good trucks for the most part I know lots of people with them and they don't complain, but living in a GM city they probably wouldn't want to buy any other.

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Look at above website. The truck in the picture is but one they have. As much driving and hauling you seem to do anything else would be driven into the ground.

15. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

If your hauling I am assuming you are looking diesel? If so I wouldnt go ford with a 6.0, I'd go Chevy. Otherwise ford aint to bad but I still prefer the chevy trucks.

Go drive a new LBZ equiped Chevy Duramax with the 6speed allison, not a bad combo;)

16. jp2175

jp2175 Junior Member

Ford Diesel's are OK again

My cousin is a commercial sales manager for Ford and I asked him about the Ford diesels. I know many who have complained about the 6.o. Nothing but problems. He told me that Ford has worked the bugs out and that the 06's are fine. I have an 'o2 E350 Super Duty van with the 7.3 Powerstroke and haven't had a problem. I don't know why they always change when they have a good thing.

17. ProEagle

ProEagle Junior Member
    from ...

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I personally am going to buy myself a Chevy later this year but we are looking at a truck for my father's company to haul his trailer. Him and some of his employees like the new Ford diesel stake and dually pickup trucks but I'm still leaning towards a Chevy diesel stake or pickup. The new truck has to be able to pull a 10,000 lb trailer fully loaded. I'll try to keep you guys posted on our decisions and post any pics of the trucks we may look at.

Thanks,
    Ryan