1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying a new to me snow dogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by brandon.edwards, Jul 27, 2014.

1. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

I have a 2015 f350 and I'm getting an HD75 snow Dogg from a friend that has an 01 f250. Anyone know what I will need to swap the plow from his to my truck? Plow is only a year old, and I looked at it today and it's super nice. Just seeing if I will need to buy a new mount, or will the old one work for it.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I can't say positively, but I'm guessing the wiring and mount will be different due to the age difference in the trucks. Also, unless you're getting a SUPER deal on that plow, I'd personally pass. You'll find that a 7'-6" blade is far too small for your truck. It was also too small for the previous owner's truck, and I'm guessing that's why he's selling it. Probably getting a bigger blade.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You'll need a new mount, headlight adapter and as Jeff commented, a larger moldboard

4. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

I'm getting a super deal, on the rig, I had a Meyer 7.5 in front of my 04 f350 and it did awesome. I can fit into spaces that my buddies with their 8 and 9 foot plows couldn't. This snow Dogg is only a year old and is still like new.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd get it and see if Snowdogg produces wings for it, I can't remember if they make them for the HD's or just the EX's. I just picked some up for my plow last year - 11'3" wide. Makes a big difference in productivity.

6. JustJeff

Just checked Dogg's website. They DO make wings for that plow. http://www.snowdoggplows.com/snowdoggHDEX_wings.html. I think you'd love this set-up. 7'-6" for when you're in the tight places you've mentioned, and 9'-6" for when you've got some more open areas. And they just fold behind the blade when you don't need them. Still though, I don't know what you're paying for the plow itself, but by the time you buy the stuff Basher mentioned above, along with the cost of the plow itself, you may be better off just buying a new plow altogether.

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Snow doggs aren't expensive to buy new either

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah for sure, Jimbo Corbett down at ESI will ship you a new 7'6"HD to fit your choice of vehicle for like $3700.

9. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

$3700????.......Whats the thing made of tinfoil???.....Oh wait..Enough tinfoil to make a plow would cost more than $3700....:drinkup:

10. JustJeff

It's 12 gauge stainless, Heavier than Western's MVP in stainless is.

11. plowguy43

See below, my plow also has a 2" lift cylinder, how big is the MVP/XV2? I've compared mine side by side to plenty of Fisher V's and everything on mine is built thicker and heavier - does that necessarily mean quality? No, but after 4 seasons of abuse it's proven itself to me with 0 repairs (my friends extreme V's can't say the same)

12. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, calm down there....We all know your a Proud Snowdogg owner......I was just commenting on the Low Price that ESI sells them for........:eek:

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That's the way I took it.

Just to clear the record, both X2 and MVP3 are heavier..., just stating a fact not looking to start a brand war.

14. plowguy43

Sorry, too used to everyone and their mother bashing the products due to them being less expensive - associating the price with their quality.

The thicker/heavier comment was aimed towards the bracing/build of the plow, not overall weight. Although until the Flared plows came out from DD, the Snowdoggs were heavier in weight as well.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014