1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a new dodge.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by punt66, Jun 28, 2011.

1. punt66

punt66 Junior Member
    from CT

Hello Gentleman, I am trading in my 2007 1500 thunder road quad cab hemi dodge for a 2011 dodge 2500 crew cab hemi 4x4 with plow prep. I currently have a boss 7'6" RD straight blade on the 1500. I may upgrade to a v plow later on but my question is this. Is the under carriage the same? (i doubt it) and can i use the wiring that is in the 1500. Trying to get an idea of what i will need to mount the plow on the 2500. Thank you.
  2. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I doubt the carriage is the same, but you should be able to re-use the wiring harness which would save you some cash,
  3. punt66

punt66 Junior Member
    from CT

Yea that is what i figured. Here she is.....

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Different undercarriage lighting will depend on the trucks. use the boss site to spec out both trucks and see what the differences are.
  5. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

The headlights adapters should be the same. The undercarriage will be different. Wiring will swap over no problem.