1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a Curtis 3000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by gotsnow?, Feb 25, 2010.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a 7.5' Curtis 3000 w/ comlete setup for a 94-02 Dodge. Its gonna go on my 94 1500. Price is 1250. i know nothing about Curtis plows, so, is this a good price? Any on going or common problems w/ the 3000s and what should I be looking for when I go to pick it up? Thanks, david

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Do you have the serial number i can check the year of the plow and if it had any repairs done under warranty.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Thats the plow I have and it has been relaible and I like the operation of it. This is my second season with it and I think it had 3 before I got it. Price seems decent. Add pro wings, you wont be sorry. I put some on this year and I love em.

4. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I don't, but might be able to get it prior to purchase. I'll pm it to you if I can get it, hopefully tomorrow sometime. thanks!

5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

good plows, been runnin since 04, no issues and some of my plows have ALOT of hours on them

6. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Sent you a PM.

7. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

sent you the year of the plow

8. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Picked up the 3000 today! Totally differant then my Western though, I'll be needing to get a manual for this before I even attempt to install... Thanks for looking up the info amocerina.

9. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

download it right off the curtis website...its in there under literature....or at least it was on the old site. nice price on the blade. good luck with it.

10. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

So the hydraulics are cheap BUT they are built the same? that doesn't make sense... And, I already bought it.