1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a 97 dodge Ram 1500 series.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kandklandscape, Oct 10, 2004.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape Junior Member

V8 with a 318 I believe...

165k for $2500

Bran new tranny.

Now, got a question..... it smokes when you start it up for 15 min, then quits. my 82 dodge ram does the same thing, with the 318 motor.... I beilve it is just a bad valve stem seal?

Any problems like this? Also, whats a good plow to put on these trucks? Everyone tells me western...

This is my 6th year in the landscaping business, and this is my first year plowing. Help me guys!
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite
    Don't know about the smoking problem, but as far as the plow goes, virtually any 7'6" plow you want. Find out some of the dealers that are near you.
  3. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

I have a 97 1500 4x4 with a 5.9 L with 120k miles. The truck does not smoke at all when I start it and have never really had any problems with it so far except the tranny likes to warm up a little to much in my opinion. I have a 8' Hiniker on mine and it works just fine. I have been told by many people that that is to heavy for the truck but its holding up great. Good Luck with it and welcome to PlowSite.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

8ft plow on a 1500 woah
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Why my plow is just a little lighter then most 8' plows and its on an F-150 and it handels it fine, the front barely drops.