1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a 2004 sno-way 29 series 8ft.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jamisono, Nov 30, 2007.

1. jamisono

jamisono Junior Member

Hey guys! Great info here on this site. I'm most likely going to be purchasing a 2004 8ft 29 series plow this weekend. Anybody have any comments on this plow? How are the hydraulics, lights pumps etc. I will be mounting it on a 1998 GMC 1500. Any info on this plow (good or bad) would be great!

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Overall the plow is great. Although the only beef I had was the delay in the remote. Yes it was only half a second but it really threw my rithm off when pushing up to a curb. Next to that keep a 8pack of aa Duracell in the truck and enjoy the DP.

DAFF

3. jamisono

jamisono Junior Member

I went purchased this plow this afternoon. I will be picking it next weekend. The seller had to remove the mount and wiring from his truck. The questions that I had was about the hydraulics. The plow is a 2004 predator 29 and it seemed a little bit slower the the westerns that i'm used to running. Is this normal? There are no leaks anywhere and it was raising and lowering with out any trouble. Just thought that I would ask.

4. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

Congrats on the buy!

I'm not familiar with Westerns, but as far as speed I wouldn't want mine any faster.

I think you'll love it, very reliable plow.

5. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Give it some time. If the plow is used remember that it hasn't moved much in the past few months. The system is not working at its full potential. After 20min of plowing it will get much better. The best advice is having the second battery in the aid of performance.

DAFF

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Congrats on the purchase. The link below will take you to an owner's manual for the plow if you did not receive one from the original owner.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100828e.pdf

We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the fluid, using the wrong fluid can cause jelling or just a thicker viscosity will cause slow actions due to excessive resistance at the filters among other things