1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a 05 F250 6.0

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by platinumdetails, Jan 12, 2010.

1. platinumdetails

platinumdetails Junior Member
    from Maine

Any thoughts on how the 05 Ford 250 Powerstroke will hold up with commercial plowing? Any upgrades you recommend?
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

yea trash the 6.0 and put a cummins in it. :laughing: j/k
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

From what I've read you either get a good one or a bad one. Ford has something called an OASIS Report that you can obtain somehow that will show all the repairs for the truck. Obviously if there has been a ton of repairs, stay away, if not, then you should be good. Also, from what I've read, if the truck has higher mileage and runs well, and has a clean OASIS Report than it should be good for years to come.
    Lastly, it seems like you can remove the EGR system which is what causes most all of the problems.

Hope this helps- I'm no expert and don't own one, but have been looking at them myself.
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

put in either timbrens or a leveling kit. the 6.0 is heavy up front. with just the 250 springs you're already lacking in the suspension department
  5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

i got a good one! :waving::waving::waving:wesport
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

There all good, some are just better than others.;)
  7. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

You can not beat the torque shift transmissions for plowing. Built in fail safes that will depower the motor if not engaged all the way in gear. This is nice consider a new transmission could wipe out the years profit. I have a 06 F250 regular cab with a 9-2 Boss V and a 8' Ebling Back blade. Love the truck with this plow set up. Truck has lots of low end torque and gets great fuel mileage while plowing.