1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buying 1st vee plow help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jce4isu, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

im getting ready to buy a vee plow this will be my 1st vee is there any thing i should know about plowing with a vee plow i dont want to mess it up payup
    thanks

i paid $2500.00 for a 8"2 boss vee 2years old smart hitch mount and wiring

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

One big thing - They don't trip near as easily as a straight blade. And when they do trip, you can drive right up overtop of them and bend the main frame...........

Just be a bit more carefull..........

3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

um

what did you just say. drive right over it. yeah only if you complete wreckless :nono:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  4. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

Be careful in the scoop position if you are doing commercial accounts. Cause if you hit a sewer lid, you will do some damage cause the trip feature does not work in that postion as you would like, other than that I love it, and yes I am careful.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I tossed and turned for weeks about which V blade to buy, some guys were probably tired of seeing the different posts but we decided on a Fisher 8.6 ExtremeV SS. It trips in every position and this thing is super fast and powerfull, I cant say enough good things about it.

6. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

Well maybe I need to clarify this better for you. When in the scoop position, if you hit an object, for example with the right blade. The hydrolics release the pressure that allows the blade to accept the object, more or less the blade comes back to a position where the trip portion will activate. However if your other blade is still in the scoop position, you will more than likely damage or twist something. But if you are traveling at a higher than recommended speed in a scoop position, I don't care what plow you have you will lose something. Rule of thumb always travel slow in unexpected terriory. And use the scoop position in area that you are familiar with.

7. BobC

BobC Senior Member

When in the scoop position Boss cylinders release so it fords back and can trip. But don't plow fast and use caution. Each system has it's drawbacks like a trip edge and an 8 inch curb you better know where it is.

8. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

That is a falacy regarding a trip-edge! If you hit an 8" curb, the leading edge of the base angle hits it first. As the base angle begins to trip, the blade also raises up in the air, clearing the object.