1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buying 05 Fisher 9.5 Minute Mount EZV

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Richard Rogers, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Richard Rogers

Richard Rogers Junior Member

I have an 06 Ford 350 with a 8' minute mount on it. Just bought a 05 minute mount EZV. I have to change over the wiring harness and buy a new control. I have gotten prices from a dealer. Just wondering if anyone has done the change over and how easy it was and if you bought the parts from a dealer or online.

Thanks in advance.
    Richard

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

its pretty simple really. pull the old harness and fish in the new one. couple of hours should do it. price is hard to say. use your quoted price and shop around.

3. Richard Rogers

Thanks. Just getting some ideas.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What are you running for an electric setup, ISO Module or Relay?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Must be a module setup with a 06 Ford. 26346 harness usually runs for around $280 - $300. I would check out Ebay & Craigslist for a 7 Pin control harness. I went new, but to each his own.

It is pretty simple to change out, especially were there is an existing harness already in place. Start laying it out at the grill and work your way back as you remove the old harness connecting the connectors and replacing the cable ties to the new harness as you go along.

A few things you may not be aware of, the socket terminal and bracket that you actually plug the controller into is NOT included with the harness. It's another $15 for the 56496. Be careful the way you treat the end of the control harness with the pins. It's like $50 for the new pins if break one along the way. You can also buy the 21792K adapter so you can still use a straight blade with your old straight blade fishstick using the same 7 pin harness.

If you haven't already got the EZV fish stick you may want to do a search, there was one on here the other day for $150....

6. Richard Rogers

Has any one had dealings with Langs Corner Garage in Rye, NH. Picking the plow up there on Monday?
    RepoMan207 I think I'm running the ISO module.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I just replied to your PM

8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I bought my 7.5 HD at Langs about a month ago,seems like a good place they have a lot of plows.

9. Richard Rogers

Pickup the new used plow today. Langs did $840.00 worth of work to the plow, tune up new bolts and new cutting edges all on the old owner. We dropped another grand for all the wiring harnesses and labor. Really knowledgeable guys. They left the old harnesses there so we can still use the straight blade. The plow really surprised me. Not into bad of shape. Alittle welding and a touch up coat of paint and a new shield so the snow doesn't hit the windshield. Will post some pictures in the next couple of days. The guy I bought it from grabbed the money and ran. Don't know want his situation is but, we got the better deal.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

hmmm, if you had a module setup there was no need to leave the old harness as the new 7 pin harness runs both the straight and the V. You must of had a relay system in there huh? $1000 for a new iso setup is about right.

Glad to hear you made out ok. Look forward to those pics.

11. Richard Rogers

It was cheaper to leave the old harness in (labor). I mentioned your name Ryan and Paul remember you. Nice guys.