1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyin a new dogg 7.5 ex with wings or 8.5 vx ?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by DIRISHMAN, Oct 21, 2010.

1. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

HEY GUYS
    Need some help just went and looked at a new dogg and what a nice plow and well made.I am leavein the BIG RED ONE'S BEHIND . I do a lot of commercial and just a couple res.Lookin at a 7.5 EX with wings /not prowings or the 8.5VX VEE need some help in picking out this is the first new plow I'll be buyin since 04 THANX DMAC:dizzy: :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: THE IRISHMAN

2. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Depends on what truck you are putting plow on. Weight plays a big part of the model.

3. DIRISHMAN

oh yeah sorry about that it's a 97 F250 hd with only 42.000:mechanic:

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If it were parking lots I'd go straight blade with wings, but I really want a V. How about V with wings!

5. DIRISHMAN

yeah that would be awsome but I think I read on another thread on here some where they will not have wing for the vee until next year jan/feb 2011???

6. DIRISHMAN

probably should send as message to THE ONE GUY ON HERE S MOORSMAN ----I THINK ???????AND ASK HIM

7. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

I run snow dogg. I would recommend checking to see how it mounts. The jacks are a PITA but the plow, once on, are some of the best I have used. I would compare them to the ease of service and simple/reliable design of some old meyers stuff. Are you leaving Boss or Western (or hiniker) ? I'm moving from Dogg to either Boss or back to meyers because the mount process isn't worth it. Make 100 % absolute sure that you will always be on perfectly level ground!

S Moorman (i think is his name) Is really helpful. Buyers is the best to deal with when it comes to support. That plow looks awesome.

Go with the VX85 for that truck. Don't wast a 3/4 ton with a little blade. I almost put one on my 2010 F250, but SD prices went up around me and I can get a boss/meyer for way less (and it is easier to mount). The V will be soooo helpful for your operation...that is the only type of plow I have ever had a customer request. I have one that only will accept bids from guys with V's on their crew because they got stuff done quicker. (in reality 99% of all customers don't care about your equipment. Just that it does the job right).

I love my stainless Doggs BTW. It looks sweet, and doesnt require anything.

8. plowguy43

Where are you finding Boss for less? I've looked online and locally and they are always more expensive by at least $300-$400. Too bad about the mounting, I thought they weren't bad once you get used to it.

9. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I can get mine on and off in two minutes. Just ask for help from the dealer that installs it. Basically I drive up to it with the pin all the way open and simply rock the headgear and it locks in 99.99% of the time without issues. Really only have a problem if I unhook on a hill where it may take an extra 5Min.

10. DIRISHMAN

hey BIOLAWN I am not sure I if I read it correctly Are YOU Leavin snowdogg for a boss or western I Had a boss and had nothin but grounding issue but not the western for what ever reason. Guys out her either love them or hate em mostley western. I am buy S/D for the cutomer service compliments I have seen on on here as well as what I herd out this way. Not tryin to bash anyone else it is like buy a car you mightr get a good one or a lemon?? SO I AM GOIN TO BUY THE VX8.5 ????

11. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I have been very happy with my VX85. Only problem the plow itself had was a defect that was taken care of 100% without question. Also the dealer made some mistakes which will be taken care of on Friday.

12. DIRISHMAN

hey thank you for all the help once again and I have to make a final decision in the next week or two I have money down just not all of it

13. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

I am switching from Snow Dogg to Boss or Meyer....I'm on the fence. Snow dogg has great plows but I buy in volume and I get better deals doing so with Boss and Meyer because there are volume dealers for them in Ohio. No one offered a volume deal from Buyers/Dogg and they are a PITA to mount....Please remember that I had a bad experience with mounting, but not working the plow. I need my Fleet of equip. to be idiot proof....I've got good drivers, but come on?! who has good employees that aren't some what.....how do I put this....Not as together as the business owner..... Boss is really user friendly and meyer is what we (my fathers company) had in the 80's.

You should enjoy the VX85. It is a great unit with great dealer support. I am only switching because of ease of use and the fact that some of my guys are retired

14. plowguy43

So are you sellig off a bunch of equipment soon?

15. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Nope...keeping it until it rots....Lol might sell the little plow soon though! MD 75....I have it on our "beater" 2001 1500 and it works so well that I hate to sell it....I don't think I'll take a loss for an almost brand new plow...I'll use it at least another year.

Next year though....maybe the 1500 and the buyers TGS and the MD 75.... I'm just trying to move to all of the same stuff....may hold on to the TGS07...its brand new. I'm not sure yet. I have a route for it this year, but if someone gave me good $ on it I would put a plow on our 07 1500....not a plow truck but it could be our next "little" unit.

16. DIRISHMAN

the only thing about the boss in the vee that I seen is the center pin wearing out and also there is a grounding issue with the way it gets wired on the boss from a good friend of mine whom plows for menards and said never again with a boss . Western is built well and has a trip edge for botttom vs full trip on boss if I not mistaken I hope I am not mis quoting.Meyer is decent but it is still DD and if you try to leave that then I say PUNT unless you look at a hiniker they have a new vee D MAC

17. plowguy43

Oh sorry I was under the impression you had a fleet of Doggs that you were unloading.