1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers wiring question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Oct 31, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, Just picked up a used buyers spreader today, and I have a question about the wiring for the controller. The controller I got has 4 wires 1 orange one for power to the spreader, 1 red one for main power, a black one and a blue one. I need to know what the blue and black are. If ya need a pic I will post one of the contoller. Any help will be great.

Ryan

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You got the red and orange correct.. the black goes to a good ground source and the small blue wire goes to an ignition hot 12V source...make sure you install an inline fuse in that one also.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

10-4 thanks for the Help B&B. I'll post some pics of it. I am redoing it right now it is all rusty and nasty lookin. So I will get pics up as soon as possible.

Ryan