1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BUYERS VS AIR FLO V-Box spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tgumby4, Feb 3, 2006.

1. tgumby4

tgumby4 Junior Member

I am in the market for an 8' SS V- box spreader to go with my Ford F 450 dump truck and plow setup. I plan to spread salt, sand and possibly limestone chips with the spreader. I can't decide between the Air Flo or the Buyers model. I like the air flo because of the inverted V, or does this really help? I don't think the buyers comes with the inverted V. Any first hand usage knowledge or experience between the two would be greatly appreciated.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Buyers also comes with the inverted V, I just purchased the 8' SS Buyers about a month ago. I looked into both just like you are. There basically the same thing the only difference would be the engine you put on it. I would go with what the better deal is at the time. I purchased my buyers (SS, 8', extended chute, and 10.5 Briggs) for $3200.00. For the same thing in the Air-Flow was about $400.00 more. Also look into where you can get parts fast for, just encase you need them. Here it is easier to get parts for Buyers and only one place carries Air-Flows, plus the $400.00 in saving so.

Ken