1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers version of Timrens?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Does anyone have the Buyers version of timbrens on their trucks? They're about 1/2 the cost of timbrens and look identical- is there any difference anyone else sees? I'd probably get them for my truck, as I can see spending $99, but not $199 for some rubber springs.

Thoughts/opinions?

2. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i just ordered a set for my truck this morning. i i'll let you knw how they work this weekend....

also if you do a search there are a couple threads that have some good info in them

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I just put a set on my friend's 2500HD yesterday. Took them out of the box and they looked identical to my timbren brand ones I have. Same washer, shim, bolts, etc. I dont see any reason why you shouldnt get a set of them. One thing I will say is take the lower shock bolt out before you jack the truck up to install them. Will make your life 100x easier!!

4. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

I put them on my 05 2500HD about a month and a half ago when i first got the truck. When i picked them up the guy was telling me that Timbren's patent ran out so now they are identical items with a different name and price. I have not had any problems with them on my truck as of now. Install is quite simple.

5. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I will be putting mine on tomorrow, can't beat the $99 price tag.

6. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Okay- I think I might grab a set then once I'm home for Christmas break and do the install before I get too far into plowing for the winter.

One thing though- will I need to have an alignment done if I install these?

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

No alignment needed. If you crank the t-bars, then yes.

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Gotcha- my t-bars were cranked when I had the front end re-built 2 years ago- and an alignment was done.

I think I might go for a set of these- seem just like timbrens for 1/2 the cost

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Awesome! I need a set for my dmax and really didn't want to spend the money on the timbrens! I wonder if the timbren price will come down to compensate for the new buyers product, I don't really see how it couldn't if they want any chance of being competitive with the product they created...unless it is indeed somehow different. I still find it hard to spend $100 on two little pieces of rubber and basic hardware, cost of doing business I guess :)

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I paid 140 for my timbrens last year. Didnt know about the buyers ones then, lol. Best investment in my truck that I have ever made, besides all the performance goodies, lol:)

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Of course performance stuff beats out functionality in our eyes lol. I have timbrens on my 97' and they have been fantastic....just can't get over that they are $140 rubber!!! lol you'll be happy with them Matt!

13. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Bummer....just put mine on tonight. Could've saved $100....that's some beer money anyway :drinkup:

14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Does anyone know what the warranty is on the buyers?

15. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Do they make them for dodge trucks.

16. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Northern tool is selling them too...

17. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

You bought them in time, Eshelmans wants 250 for them now, the reason for ordering them from Northern tool, plus i got a 10 dollar coupon for more goodies.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

not quite identical but close

Only Chevys right now.

19. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Just an FYI on these.... My buddy bought and installed these on his 01 3500. He has a 9' MM2 on his truck and it used to sag between 1 and 1.5 inches when the plow was raised.... We installed these on his truck and the truck BARELY moves when lifting the plow now. Seems the same as Timbrens. Just my .02

20. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

where can you buy them???