1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers V Box Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by McG_Landscaping, Oct 25, 2012.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

So I am stepping up to a "big boy" spreader this year and I am supposed to go take a look at this one. http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/for/3359819779.html the only thing it doesn't come with is a controller and I was wondering how hard it would be to find one, and if you guys would know which controller it would take. I didnt get the model number off of the guy yet so I think that may be hindering my search a bit.

2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I would suggest you make your own. You just need a couple switches. One for ON/OFF, one for starter, and one for clutch. It will cost about $10

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

gas or electric? does it still run? looks pretty rough.

4. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Gas. It sat for a few years unused and he pulled it and it fired right up. Also hes replacing the chains and it has a newer drag chain

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

If you go to spreader manufacturers web-sites they usually have manuals there to download with a schematic.
    One fits all since they are pretty much the same.
    I looked up Arctic Plow (from London, Canada) which we use and there is a whole manual to download.
    That should help.

6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

u can try karrier company

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have them in stockThumbs Up 888 448 two 4 six 4