1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers V-Box sander - fully reconditioned

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by markrinker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. markrinker

markrinker Junior Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/Buyers-96-V-Box...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b782753c

Just finished rebuilding this unit - we have downsized and don't need it. Unit was kept clean, so no thin spots in the box (check out the picture of the new drag chain and you can see the thickness). Paint had blistered badly, two bearings were out, engine running rough, rusted and hard to start - so we went through the whole thing - just in time to lose the two largest accounts where we needed it...

My expense is your gain - the $3K reserve is a steal. Want to buy new deer rifle this week and go hunting, so call me I will take first cash offer of $3500. Why pay over $6K + sales tax for a new one, when you can have all new parts for $3500....?

Mark Rinker, Elk River, Minnesota 612.578.6355

p.s. I believe this may also be the ONLY wireless controlled Buyers sander in the world...LOL!!! :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. markrinker

markrinker Junior Member

3. markrinker

markrinker Junior Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  4. DCL

DCL Member

Unfortunetly not interested in the sander as we just bought an older unit ourselves. However, I am curious as to how you striped the paint and painted it. Did you sandblast the whole thing? Did you take the electronics off or just cover them with plastic? Then, did you hand paint primer and finish coat or spray it on? What kind of paint?

Thanks for any advice!

5. markrinker

markrinker Junior Member

sent it out it came back orange

6. DCL

DCL Member

ha. alright, thanks.