1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Tgso1a Spreader Problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mickman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I bought spreader from northern tool last year. The spreader cuts out after a couple minutes of use, hit reset, turn on, shuts off, reset,etc,etc.

I worked on it, had a shop work on it. We thought it was ground, so the shop
    installed ground through bumper....still keeps cutting off.

I just got to use new Buyers low profile spreader & worked great.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated...Mike
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Either too small of wire, poor connection somewhere, or motor going bad from moisture getting inside and rotting motor out....
  3. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Thanks for reply.
    I was thinking that. I always have to splice a wire to extend it to the spreader by about a foot long. The wire I spliced with is a few gauges
    thinner than the supplied wire, but does it really make that much of a difference condsidering it's only 12 volts? It might be, & probably is, my connections. We thought it might be the controller. I had to splice wire on new low profile spreader, & that worked great.........thanks