1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers TGS06 problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by northernsweeper, Dec 4, 2009.

1. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Hi Guys,
    For those of you that have the buyers tgs06 spreader, do you have problems with controlling the flow?? When I open the flowgate on mine the one side is barely open, while the other side is fully open. I have to shut the gate before I fill it, partially open the gate and then jump in the truck and hit the spread buttin before I have a pile on the blacktop. Called the factory and they said there was something I could adjust on the shaft but I can't find anything other than the spinner,which is keyed so there is no adjusting that,or the flowgate,which doesn't appear to be adjustable either. Any ideas??

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

PM me with your phone and I'll have someone call you.
    Thanks,
    Scott

3. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

you should post it for public knowledge as i also have a tgs06 and would be curious to know

4. northernsweeper

Scott,
    I sent info, haven't heard from anyone....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

You will...

6. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Still having problems with my dealer calling me back about the new spinner they offer.

7. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

New spinner, crap I just bought a TGS06 today, hope I don't have any problems. Haven't run anything in it yet.

8. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

well we used the new spinner plate today and NO PROBLEMS! much better than last year's!

9. tp property

tp property Junior Member

spinner

Could you take a pic of the new spinner,I'm looking into buying one of these units but don't want to get stuck with last years model.

Thanks

10. northernsweeper

Just an update. Scott was real good. He sent me a new spinner and a new flowgate, but I still have the same problem. If the flowgate is wide open then it feeds equal to both chutes, and if its full closed then both chutes are closed. The problem is when you try to adjust to anything between the full open or full closed positions. With the flowgate half open one chute is almost half open,but the other side is barely open at all,causing the salt to be delivered primarily,to only one side of the spinner. It also then requires a lot of use of the vibrator as the spreader empties and salt bridges to the one side of the hopper. I compared the old flowgate to the new one I was sent and they are identical,which leads me to believe I am not the only one having this trouble. Anyone using the tgs06,open your flowgate to half open and look down at the chutes from inside your hopper to see if they are opening equally on both sides and please let me know. I don't understand how or why this is happening other than mabey faulty flowgate manufacture or design. Any ideas??

11. northernsweeper

tpproperty..the new spinner has a hub on the bottom of it with a hole thru the side,the old ones don't.

12. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

You get what you pay for with this unit. I paid 2 grand for my western 2500 and it is awsome in everyway put salt in and go. I paid 1 grand for the salt dog and it has cost me as much as I paid for it.

13. northernsweeper

Scotts.....are your chutes open equally at half open on the flowgate??

14. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

nope:angry:

15. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I do not like hearing this as I just ordered a TGS06. Does anyone know if all the new ones ordered come with the new parts? This making me really wonder if I should cancel and go with another brand.

16. northernsweeper

The new ones all come with the new spinner(hub on bottom). The bigger problem will be if the chutes are open equally with the flowgate in any position other than wide open. You can go thru a lot of salt in short order with the flowgate wide open.

17. nysalter

nysalter Junior Member

to salt or not to salt

I also bought a buyers TGS06 last winter and I fought with it all winter. Any clump as big as a golf ball and your all done. No way to free it up except take it off the truck and dump it out. You have to get out of the truck when you start or stop salting to open or close that dam gate that you cant tell if its open or closed.
    Is there a fix to this piece of crap salter? Its not going back on tell its fix. Company wont call me back.

18. northernsweeper

The fix for the salt pumping out is the new spinner. It has a mounting hub on the bottom.It puts the spinner closer to the flowgate so the salt bridges. Email Scott on this site and he should send you one. Can you open the hopper lid,then open the flowgate halfway and tell me if both chutes are open equally?? I am wondering if this is a problem on all the tgs06 spreaders,or just a few.

19. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I could fix you spreader for about $10. Let me know if you want to sell it. BTW, it clearly states that you should use rock salt with crystals no larger than 1/4". If you do get a clog, get inventive. I found that a fiberglass curb stake works perfectly for clearing any blockages. Send me a PM if you are selling!

20. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

well cold and tired i have a question, i am looking at buying this spreader, and running a salt/sand mix in it, the sand we use is more like the sand/gravel you put in the bottom of the fish tank size, do you see this spreader having a problem with it???