1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers TGS05B

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by djd427, Mar 19, 2005.

1. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I need a little help, I was wondering what will be the best way to mount this spreader to a dump body. The hitch mount is pretty much out because the box overhangs the receiver quite a bit. Is there a possibility to weld a frame up so it can sit over the tailgate? I was thinking about removing the tailgate and mounting it to the bed, will this be possible? It is the 600lb low profile model. Any help would be great.
    Thanks guys

2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Did you ever buy one and mount it? If so some pics if possible.:)

3. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I did get it mounted. I will post pics later. It was actually pretty easy.

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

How is that spreader working for you. I'm thinking about getting that one(TGS05) I was wondering about the motor setup. Is it better than the ones with the motor outside and on the bottom?

5. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I bought 2 of these. So far they seem to work well. These are my first buyers and they seem worth the money. I like the motor inside, that is one of the reasons why I bought them, along with the reasonable price tag. I have had no problems yet with them. What I like is that you don't loose salt when traveling to another job (my other ones did). I never had to hand start the spinner either after traveling with salt in it (from reading, that seamed to be a problem with them). For the price and experience so far with them, I would buy another if I needed one.
    As soon I get to the truck I will post pictures.

6. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Sorry it took so long to post these pictures but I had a little hard drive problem. If you want anything specific let me know

buyers1.jpg

buyers2.jpg

buyers3.jpg

7. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Here are a few more

buyers4.jpg

buyers5.jpg

buyers6.jpg