1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers tgs05b controller question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dubge, Jan 27, 2010.

1. dubge

dubge Junior Member
    from Boston

So after many weeks reading about these spreaders and what one fit my budget and needs I decided on a tgs05b, I also bought the hitch mount kit as well as an 80 lb vibrator for it.

Now I read the controllers had a separate switch for the vibrator on it but the one I received does not have one and has a mfg date of 8/18/08. This is a black face controller. Do I have an older controller before the problems or should I contact someone to get it swapped out?

Thanks

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

We made a change to the controllers this season adding the vibrator switch (which is not even used on the TGS05B).

There were no "problems" with TGS controllers (either with that one or the newer ones), so there would be no reason to get it swapped. If you wanted to add a vibrator (not that common), you would just have a seperate switch.

3. dubge

dubge Junior Member
    from Boston

Thanks Scott, I thought I read there was a problem with some of them when you guys switch manufacturers
    I did read on here that someone added a vibrator and the wiring and button was already on the controller so I was looking forward to not having to run another wire and a switch somewhere but I guess I will have to....bummer

thanks for the info