1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers TGS05 w/ Grotech controller, having issues

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kyle1710, Dec 9, 2009.

1. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

I have a Buyers TGS05 tailgate spreader and i'm using a grotech controller with it. Last year when we hooked it up we got it to work but its not optimal. Right now it turns on and off whether the igntion is on or not, and the speed control does not work, it is always full blast.

There are 2 sets of 2 wires coming out of the controller. on the red/black pair is the lead from the battery on the red and the ground on the black. On the white/black pair is the power to the spreader on the white and nothing connected to the black. I understand that there is supposed to be a wire to the fuse block but i don't know where to put it. We tried it on the black wire on the white/black pair and it didnt make a difference.

I know i sound like a hillbilly idiot, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated!:dizzy:
  2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

3. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe grotech was bought out by another company, maybe the company that owns snowex? I've done some serching with no luck on finding any wiring diagrams for the grotech stuff.
  4. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1