1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Tailgate Spreader TGS07 Repair

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PGHplowguy, Nov 28, 2011.

1. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

Hello. As posted in another thread a goon hit my spreader.

Looking around in my area I can not find anyone who fixes them. Does anyone know a place, either in my area or yours that I can speak with? Phone #?

The part that is broke is the spinner rod that comes down from the bin/auger. Is this an easy fix or with this part being replaced will the machine ever be/work the same again?

I know, I will try and get a new one. But, if not possible I need help with the issues at hand. Thank you.
  2. SAPH

SAPH Junior Member
    from OHIO

Did you call Buyers?
  3. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

I would go to a licensed service center garage that you regularly deal with and explain to them what you are doing. Have them give you a estimate including their labor rates. Then see about online ordering of new unit mine was a great price from a plowsite sponsor I believe. Then give the case manager the option of closing the case with a new unit or risking a repair with possible supplemental claims if more extensive damages are found. If the money is anywhere close they will go with a check to you and be done with it. It is not your responsibility to run around chasing down parts and labor.
    If you repair it yourself make SURE you can file additional claims and in what period if the damage is more extensive than expected. Some companies hate supplemental claims!!