1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers tailgate spreader F/S

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tscape, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I have a Buyers tailgate spreader for sale. It comes with the variable speed control box and wiring. In fact, I would prefer that the buyer remove it. I will be upgrading to a vbox and have no use. I believe it needs a new motor. It is in great shape otherwise with no rust on the frame. First $450 takes it.

2. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

First reasonable offer takes it.

3. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

im intrsted

what model buyers is whats the capacity how old

4. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I believe it is the 700lb capacity. I measured the cube at 2'x2'. It is the swing away tailgate mount. You would think there would be a model # on there somewhere, but no. I bought it with my truck (a 99 f350), but I would guess it to be 2 years? It is in perfect shape cosmetically, just doesn't spin. Heck, it could even be a fuse for all I know. I simply don't use it.

5. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

do you have a pic

6. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I don't have a pic. Perhaps I will in the next several days.

7. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

can you give me your bottom line i live in ny and have to factor in shipping

8. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I thought $450 was pretty darn reasonable seeing as how they go for over$1000 and all this one needs is a $125 motor. It is like new structurally and aesthetically. Check out your shipping costs and make me an offer. I'm open to offers, but I am not going to start slashing an already low price.

9. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

need size ,weight and zip

10. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

It looks basically like this one which is on ebay right now, except that it is on a swing away tailgate mount. As for size, and weight, I will be taking the unit off this Saturday and be able to tell you exactly at that time.

buyersspreader.jpg