1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers tailgate question!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by baddboygeorge, Feb 4, 2007.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

which way is the motor suppose to turm to the left or right???? I had a new motor put on this year an i think it wired backwards cause on high it sprinkles out! thanks George

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Clockwise should be the direction the spinner is going

3. baddboygeorge

thanks dude!

its spinning clockwise an i thought it was jammed so we tossed a bunch out of the spreader with a shovel on a few lots . what a waste of time thanks dude i will get that fixed tommorrow!!

4. baddboygeorge

hey dude!!

i think next year i am gonna go back to a few box vans like i told ya before!!

5. fernalddude

The bad thing about the buyers is that it only takes a small clump to block the tube so you got to check for that also the clump just spins at the bottom and does not let the salt go thru...

6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I just used my buyers tgsuv pro this morning and it definitely spins COUNTER CLOCKWISE !!!! I throw 1500lbs everytime I go out ,no problems! Just look at the auger in the hopper and see which way it will feed the spinner. Turn it by hand and look down. My spreader is 2yrs old so some may work the other way. If your not throwing salt I'd say it's backwards. As far as clumps of salt I haven't had any trouble. My auger has a wire welded to the top that usually takes care of smaller clumps. If I get a bad bag I will grap the chunk of salt and throw it down on the lot before I put in my next bag. If you are using bagged material you shouldn't have many problems. I know guys have trouble with bulk, but buyers didn't make TG spreaders for bulk salt. J thomas sells a vibrator kit if you want to run wet salt. Just flip your wires it should work fine!!! My cheap buyers works better than my snowex did, it was always getting pluged. Hope you can get things working GOOD LUCK!!!!!

7. fernalddude

Yes if your looking down on the spinner the direction is ccw but from a electrical point the direction of a motor is from the back of the motor or bottom sorry for the misunderstanding

8. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

DITTO! I couldn't have said it better myself.

9. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Well this is an interesting development :p

10. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

rotation

i agree, the correct rotation is counter clockwise i work on these all the time look down inside the hopper the raised lip of the auger has to feed into the salt,if you run bulk salt beware the odd chunk of rock or very large chunk of salt,we had one jammed in the auger on kicked out the reset several times ,had to disassemble and clear the jam.use #1 bagged rock salt or simular sized product :salute:

11. premier homes

premier homes Member

If you bend that lip a little to open the hole, and weld a rod in the shape of a V to the end of the auger inside the hopper(if not equiped from factory). you will be able to run treated bulk salt with no clogging and no problems.