1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers SUVPROA Direct Wired to switch instead of controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Boomer123, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Just got a new Buyers SuvProA salter tonight. I had another salter on my truck without a controller wired with a switch and a plug at the bumper. The new Pro comes with a controller and I was hoping to not have to got through paying someone to rewire the truck. I only have a few resi driveways to salt. Would it be ok to run the new pro on a switch without the controller. Any problems with this

2. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Anybody???

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I just use a switch for my Buyers TGS05. I burnt up 2 controllers and finally just went to a switch. You give up the ability to turn the spinner slower but I run wide open 99% of the time anyway. For tailgate spreaders I don't see the need for the controller. I have 2 switches actually...1 for the spreader and 1 for the vibrator. You won't hurt anything, you're dealing with a 12 volt motor...it doesn't care how it gets the juice either from a control box or a switch.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  4. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Thanks Raymond