1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Stainless Steel Spreaders

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Grampa Plow, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hi all, been plowing for 38 years but I've only been on this site for a short time. I have been thinking about a Buyers 8 Ft. SS spreader but haven't heard much about them. I can get one for about $4300 vs. $4800+ for a regular steel unit. What's up? Anyone have any experience with a unit like this. I have only really seen the Buyers plastic tail gate units. My last Hiniker regular steel spreader lasted 13 years. Thanks

2. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I have one, 3 yrs old now. I think it is a good unit. I had a bolt come loose and get into the conveyor chain, ruining the chain. That bolt, as I recall, was installed by me so I can't blame Buyers. I think the tie down loops are a little weak in design, but that is easy to deal with. I think it will probably last for ever.

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

this place has 8' SS for $3500

i had one for year's and loved it,.....not anyproblem's 'xcept i had to weld it up a couple of time's on the verry bottom of the "VEE" near the chain frame.....it may have had something to do with the 12" sideboard's and caryying a heck of a lot extra weight, but i don't know

i bought a new salt-dogg poly, only 'cause i had a guy come to me wanting to buy my V-box......everything i have is for sale you know :D .....some thing's like the wife i'll pay someone to take though :D

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Win...roductID/60179/Default.aspx?SortField=EAN,EAN

PJ