1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Stainless steal and magic salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ford6.9, Dec 11, 2010.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Does anyone run a Buyers stainless steal salt dogg, and run magic salt through it? I am looking at buying one but afraid it wont have the muscle to throw the salt as far as I would like.

2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

It would be wise of you to go with a downeaster unit for your truck. We run one with magic salt and it throws it farther than the saltdogg that we used to use.

3. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I have a Stainless Salt Dogg but i have not ran magic salt through it. But i have ran regular screened sand/salt mix through it and it seems to have no trouble throwing it 15'-20' from the sides of the truck. Dont know if that is the answer you are looking for.

4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I think that's on par with what I'm looking for. I know my salt dogg poly will launch dry salt but magic it doesn't like to throw as far. Just don't want to buy a stainless steal if it wont throw.

I know a bunch of guys just bought them any use yet?

5. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Just but a downeaster and your good. It will solve all of your salt throwing issues.