1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers spreader question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tim975, Dec 14, 2003.

Would you recommend buying a Buyers spreader?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
  2. Not too bad

8 vote(s)
  3. Stay away

9 vote(s)
  1. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey guys, gotta question regarding Buyers salt spreaders. I'm looking at getting the TGSUVPRO, 300 lb. capacity, receiver mount, variable speed, and made in the USA :drinkup:. Is this spreader pretty reliable? Does anyone have this same model? I have a few parking lots that need salt, and don't have a whole lot of money to spend. I'm looking for variable speed and most important, don't want to drill holes in the truck. I need your input, thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  2. DadnSon

DadnSon Junior Member

How much were you qouted for this model?
    There's a dealer here in Mich. that's selling the low profile 600# capacity for $800 and you might be able to order this and have it shipped to you.
    Send me an email if you have any interest in finding out more info.
  3. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

I found this model on the Northern Tool and Hydraulics website for $569 on sale. My dad has an account thru them. So far this is the cheapest I've seen.

item #1038752
  4. DadnSon

DadnSon Junior Member

That's a pretty good price and convenient for you to use your Dad's account, if you can't pay for it all at once.
    For the extra $200 you could double your salt capacity to 600# and save yourself a little time time & trouble of filling it often.

Think about the future, if you pick up an extra account or 2 this year or even next winter?

When, I first started I had a 300# spreader for one season and I wished I had bought the larger one and did the next year!

Good luck either way!
  5. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

For the one you're talking about, is it receiver mount or do you have to drill holes in the bumper? I don't want to drill any holes if I can help it. Do you have the model number?
  6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

We just installed one on Saturday, used it yesterday and had no problems with it. It worked great! We put down over a thousand lbs of salt with it yesterday It was easy to install, we installed it in the driveway on Sat in the freezing cold, piece of cake. For the money, I don't think you can beat it. We got it from Northern Tool. Was delivered in 8 days right to the front door by UPS.
  7. DadnSon

DadnSon Junior Member

Northern Tool
    Ship Wt. 150.0 lbs
    Item# 10389
    Discount Price... $769.99

TGS01A Or TGS05A (low profile) Buyers model #'s
    both can be hitch mount or swing away from tailgate.

This is the TGS01A

Northern Tool
    Ship Wt. 150.0 lbs
    Item# 10389
    Discount Price... $769.99
  8. rainair

rainair Senior Member

buyer's spreaders

the only thing we have found with them you need to watch the 2 allen screws on the bottom, at the spinner... might put some lock tite there
  9. thartz

thartz Junior Member

I just bought a low profile unit.It is a lot easier to load since the hopper is bigger.That little one has got to be a pain to load.The low profile will easily hold the volume of 600 lbs of rock salt.I can't see how the other one can even though it can carry 600 lbs.We had ours put together and mounted in about an hour.Good so far after about 15 tons run through it.Zero problems;just lube the spinner every so often.

CANFIELDNH Junior Member

11. rainair

rainair Senior Member

haaa the home of

haaa the home of the CANFIELD Fair!

:yow!: purplebou :redbounce
  12. rainair

rainair Senior Member