1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers spreader motor removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gndhog, Jan 28, 2004.

1. gndhog

gndhog Junior Member
    from ohio

Can someone help me?? I need to know how to remove the motor from the mount so that I can replace the motor???

103892_med.gif

2. pjslawncare

pjslawncare Member

After removing the two wires, use allen wrench to loosen set screw on coller under spinner. Hopefully you will be able to pry spinner assembly up and off motor shaft. then you can access the 4 bolts holding motor on.

3. gndhog

gndhog Junior Member
    from ohio

I found it earlier today. I must of been tired! ZDo you know anything about fisher snow plows?

4. impact

impact Junior Member

We just tried replacing the motor on our Buyer's spreader.The set screw was eaten away, and we couldn't get it loosened(3yrs old).I had to cut the shaft of the motor off with a torch, and now in addition to the motor replacement, I also have to replace the hub and hub bolts.What a pain...

5. kjett

kjett Junior Member

gndhog,

I have a Fisher RD 7'6" MM plow. I have gone over everything in my plow, what's your questions, I might be able to help.

Karl

6. gndhog

gndhog Junior Member
    from ohio

Plow

Yeh, I have a fisher (Pathfinder plow). It turns left & right and goes down but has problems pulling the blade up. Any suggestions? My plow that has 3 cylinders. One for the right, left & one in the center to pull up & down. I took the motor apart under the hood & cleaned it, but still having trouble.

Thanks,
    David

7. kjett

kjett Junior Member

You said that you recently rebuilt the motor under the hood, so I am assuming that this is an older style cable operated plow. So just a thought, but have you tried to disconnect the line at the raise cylinder and momentarily put it in the raise position, just to make sure that your lines don't have an air bubble in it. The shear weight of the plow will make it lower, but trapped air in the line will play heck on trying to raise the thing (air bound). If that doesn't work, check the valve body out to make sure that you don't have something caught in the the valve restricting fluid flow. If all of that checks out, the next step is to check the cylinder itself to see if there is something restricting fluid flow.

Write back the results of what you find. If none of that works, I can talk with my hydraulic guru to get his thoughts.

8. gndhog

gndhog Junior Member
    from ohio

Plow

Will do!
    Thanks,
    David

9. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Here's a bit of info don't forget to use a lot of never sieze when you put it all back together so next time it will come apart easier.