1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BUYERS spreader control box wiring?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by amcolandscaping, Feb 22, 2010.

1. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

I have a buyers tailgate spreade and control box but I dont know what wires are for what on the box. on one side there is 2 wires coming out and the other side there is just one coming out then a green ground screwed to the box

any help would be great and then there is 2 wires coming out of the motor

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have anything Buyers, but if I had to guess. The two wires are going to the motor, the one wire is going to be power comming into the controller. The green ground screw I would assume is the ground for the controller. Like I said I don't have Buyers, but that is my guess.

3. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

What happened to my reply from this afternoon??????? Why did a " good help" post get deleted??? moderators please enlighten me...

Edit,

Never mind... this guy posted the exact same thread in 2 areas...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  4. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

I have an older controller and followed this diagram. One red directly to the battery, one red to the harness that leads to the spreader motor. The green is a grnd wire, and the other wire goes to the ignition fuse so the spreader only works when the ignition is on.

Attached Files: