1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Snowdogg HD plow setup

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Joe67, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

Today I went and got a quote for a new Snowdogg HD setup for my 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4.

Came in around $3,500 installed (plus tax) , 2 winter warranty

How does this sound?
    Looks like this plow has been around for two years or so, any feedback, good or bad?

I searched and found a couple of thread, but not much real world use yet.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

seems like it should be durable... how big are you getting and what model did they show you?

3. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

They had the 8' version in the showroom.

I'm looking at a 7.5' setup, my mistake, I thought I included that in the post above.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

theres a shop up the road form me selling them and i got to look at them and they seem like they will compare to the other brands.... they didnt do anything crazy but from what i saw i would buy one if the price were right......and they give you 90 days with 0$ down and 0$ interest...but my next plow will still be a snoway:salute:

5. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Hey Joe...... FSC for Life! :bluebounc

6. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

Hey prsport

7. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

seem like a good rugged plow. We just took on the product line.

8. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

I'm debating between this or a four year old Western Ultramount Pro 7.5' steel setup complete for my truck for $2,300.
    Add about $400 or so to that to have it installed bringing it to about $2,700... I'll spend about $800 more but have new equip with warranty and it is stainless steel.

What do you think?

9. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

What grade of stainless steel?

10. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

12 Ga.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

In response to what grade of stainless...

All SnowDogg and SaltDogg products are made using 302/304 stainless steel. That's gotten pretty hard to do with the way stainless has gone the last couple of years, but there's no comparison between 302/304 and some of "low nickel" and magnetic grades of stainless.

Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    BPC / SnowDogg plows

12. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

In my expierience with plows the snowdogg seems like the better of the two. Look at the construction and extra features they come with. Not to mention the warranty. It's very easy to put $500 in repairs to a hydraulic unit itself.

13. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

sorry, I mixed up grade with gauge... Thanks for the replies Smoorman & jlcf.

14. Joe67

Joe67 Junior Member

How does this plow compare durability wise with the BOSS or Western Steel plows?

15. Washington Lawn

Washington Lawn Junior Member

Well a Snow Dogg is non-corrosive for one. The attack degree in my mind is one of Snow Dogg's best feature. The price is significantly less. On top of that you get all the extras that are optional on most other models.

16. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

I think the doggs will really catch on. The only thing they don't have that the equivilent Boss has is the smarthitch 2 hook up that I can see. Again I haven't had any hands on use expirience from the Doggs but I know plows andwhat I'm looking at. I'd love to hear from anyone that has tried these.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: When did SnowDogg convert their new plows over to cylinder lift, completely encase the hydro's, and add a trip shock?

18. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

you do have me there. However the hydraulics are just about as enclosed as Boss and the shock and cylinder lift are not a big selling bonus to my customers. Don't get me wrong I'm 100% Boss and push them over our other brands.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buyer's quality has never been overwhelming.

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You must have some very neutral customers...ever see the fights those two plow features start here? :D